Gained Abilities are effects or triggers that a character may gain access to after being recruited. They are commonly gained from XP Rewards and the effects of other cards. Unlike a Character's innate abilities, Gained Abilities cannot be Silenced. Further, Gained Abilities are not Status Effects and cannot be removed via Status Effect curing effects.
Named Gained Abilities[edit | edit source]
Some common Gained Abilities are named.
- Haste - This ability allows a character to attack without paying any Actions. Gaining Haste cures Slow.
- Stab - This ability causes a character to ignore the defense of their blockers while attacking.
- Resourceful - This ability allows a character to use an Item or Command without paying any Actions once per turn.
- Immunity - This ability prevents damage and negates the effects of the specified type to the character affected by it.
- Retaliate - This ability allows a character to damage its attackers equal to its defense when blocking.